Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

RID, ASID. I am trying to assist one of my clients who has

Customer Question

My name is***** RID, ASID. I am trying to assist one of my clients who has about 17 signed. with certificates of authenticity of Salvador Dali lithographs. They have been appraised when they were purchased. Knowing the ups and downs of the art markets I need to find an honest buyer for these lithographs. Any help will be appreciated.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: My client refuses to have the collection appraised. Evidently you may not know of someone interested in purchasing these items. They are beautifully framed. Most were purchased in 1987-88 and are insured.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tommye my name is***** lithographs are a major challenge to sell, especially the ones produced after 1980. Most major auctions will not touch any produced after 1960.