Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a living room set: couch, two chairs and a small

Customer Question

Hello, I have a living room set: couch, two chairs and a small drop-leaf table. The table has a metal piece on the end stating "Feudal Oak", Jamestown Lounge Co. The pieces actually look like oak, with the grain of the oak wood intact. I have had it refinished/repaired once. My mother bought the set around 1929 or so. I'm wondering what the value might be now. I would love to have your expert opinion. ***@******.***
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I think the springs are still in the couch, but I'm not sure. The bases of the chairs do not have springs. Also, the original horse hair in the base of the couch has been removed, I think.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the set and any marks, labels or writing.