Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Vol 1 and 2 of Cervantes books...... Quixote....Man of

Customer Question

vol 1 and 2 of Cervantes books...... Don Quixote....Man of LaMancha very old ( I can't find a date when it was first published) The covers are silk, so they are very tattered, but the pages and color plates are in great shape. I do know that they probably over 100 years, since my Grandmother got them as a very young child, and she lived to be over 100 years old. The books are rather large, wild guess would be 20" X 10".....My sister has them at her house in North Carolina and she took them to a bookstore local to her and he said they were not worth anything because of the covers......That set off my BS alarm because I watch your show all the time and have seen books in worse shape than mine get a decent appraisal....if only for the artwork (prints)...I would appreciate ANY info you can find and I know it is super hard to put a price on something without seeing it, but if you think they might be worth something, I will make the drive to NC and retrieve them from her before she sells them in a yard sale!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the books and the title page as well as any condition issues.

Maybe you could have your sister take the photos, email them to you and you could add them here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks.She is going to take some pics and send them to me...I'll be back in touch when I get them
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

Sounds great.