Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

There is a chair I am considering purchasing and I would

Customer Question

There is a chair I am considering purchasing and I would like to know any information you can provide about it based on the photo, please.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer. I will be glad to help you today.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
Is the chair marked with a makers name ? Is the seat bottom leather? If so is it tooled or plain?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Glenda.. Thanks for responding. I'm no sure, it's my friend's great aunt's old chair. I am trying to get in touch with her to ask her to look for me, no no response yet. Can you just tell me about the style while I'm waiting to get further info about it?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In pretty sure the seat bottom is leather

Thank you

The Style is an Early American Slat back, the wood looks to be Mahogany. This would have been produced in the early 1900's.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. I have one other piece I would like to know about if you don't mind.. I believe it's a hutch table, or lift top chair table.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

You will need to submit that in a new question, just be sure when you do to address it to

"Glenda" I will see it an pick it up for you.