Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I have a Treasure Island book, hard cover and there no date

Customer Question

I have a Treasure Island book, hard cover and there no date in it. It's by Robert Louis Stevenson. Illustrated by M.A. Dino hue and CO.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Manufactured in the United States of America. Then next page lists I'd colored illustrations. It has four. Then next pages has the chapters listed.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: In the inside of the front of the hard cover , has a colored picture of a pirates and caption says In the days of early Pirates. Inside the back cover it has green illustration of pirates
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Who is the publisher?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think M.A. Do no hue & CO
Chicago. New York

Thank you.

This book, although undated, is believed to have been published circa 1895. If your copy is in very good condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your book is approximately $85. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $34, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 9 months ago.

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.