Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I inherited a picture that is signed by L. Potronat. It is

Customer Question

I inherited a picture that is signed by L. Potronat. It is about 47 inches by 23. I am wondering whom I can send a photo to or find someone in my area that can take a look at it. I'd like to know if it is worth anything.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

You have a vintage framed color printed reproduction of a painting of a view on the Cote D'Azure by French artist Lucien Potronat with texturized surface made to appear like an original painting. It was common throughout the 20th century for publishers to print images of paintings and sell them as decorative wall art through decorator, furniture and framing shops.

On today's market, this could sell for as high as $40 - $60. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $100.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.