LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

My cameo was given to me by my 92 year old momma and was

Customer Question

My cameo was given to me by my 92 year old momma and was given to her by her momma and was given to her by her Momma and was given to her by her Momma.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 2 months ago.

Hi My name is***** am a a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. PLease allow me to go over your photos and post back here .

this is a beautiful cameo ring? What size is the ring and is it marked on the inside ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Probably a
Size 5

thank you I am researching this now I appreciate the size thank you

Hi thank you for your patience this is a beautiful delicate cameo ring. The date is late 1700- early 1800 time period. English and from the Lobatus Gigas shell (Queen Conch) it is a large edible seas nail and was one o fthe finest shells to carve during this period. The carvers were able to hand carve and set these cameos in rings and pendants with ease. The ring itself looks to be 18 or 24kt gold. A size 5. This ring has a value of 450-600.00 and the providence can be determined through your family heritage as noted above being handed down through generations. Very nice ring and well taken of from the photos. Thank you for sharing this and if I may be of further help please let me know I am always happy to help.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.