rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have just been given a generous amount of silver plated

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** i have just been given a generous amount of silver plated spoons with pictures on most and written gravings on others and am wondering if they are worth anything. Could you please help me?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They vary from the queen on a spoon more then one and from differant years as well as other royals. There is also a number of sporting ones it is proberly easier if i upload a photo?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

Silver plated spoons from any era or maker have a general value of 2 to 4AUD each.

They are not worth a lot, unfortunately. If they were sterling, then that is where the value would be

from 35 to 75AUD (depending on age and maker) each.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.