Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I came across your write up on JL. I have a cast iron summer

Customer Question

I came across your write up on JL Jackson. I have a cast iron summer cover that says JL Jackson No.66 patent 1852 on it. I have found information that he did iron work for many buildings in the 1800's in NY city. I cannot find anything prior to him joining with his brother and becoming JL Jackson & brothers.I am looking to find someone to contact on this piece and I thought maybe you could steer me in the right direction. It is a very interesting piece and I would love to more about it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

What specific information is it that you are seeking on this or who is it that you want to contact?

~Nora

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am looking to find out it's value and where I would attempt to sell it.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for clarifying.

Jackson cast iron surrounds with covers sell for $200 - $400 on today's auction market. Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell this is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. You can also try listing this on Craigslist and through facebook sales forums if you use facebook.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora