Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an alabaster lady holding a fan, which sits atop of

Customer Question

I have an alabaster lady holding a fan, which sits atop of square marble base, which has a small light socket. When switched on at the cord, the light glows through the ladies skirt. It is large and heavy, approximately 12" tall and 10" square. Any idea of its period, common name, and/or value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Who would you suggest as an appraiser?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The upper portion of her body has been broken off, it was that way when it was given to me years ago. The marble has also yellowed/stained during storage. I'm sure that diminishes it's value, but I'm sure it still has worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.