Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have inherited a print of "The Family" by Savage. I

Customer Question

I have inherited a print of "The Washington Family" by Edward Savage. I believe it is the original print from 1798. My uncle purchased it at an estate sale in Bucks County, Pa in 1975. He was very ill when we discussed the print, but did remember that the apraiser stared at the print for a while and then asked, "is this for real?" Can you shed some light on the approximate value ? My research indicates Savage made approximately 430 copies in 1798. Do you have any idea how many survive ?
The print is in good condition except for a 1/4 inch by 3/8 inch worm hole.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Jennifer.I"m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

If you can upload a photo, I'm happy to take a look for you. As detailed as your description is, I really do need to see an image.

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Please note I don't work via phone call, but sometimes the system auto-sends a phone call request. If you get one of those,please ignore. I prefer to await online responses.

Jennifer