rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a painting by Fitch Bellows. It is in its original

Customer Question

I have a painting by Albert Fitch Bellows. It is in its original frame, hand carved with the original glass. It's depicts a group of people bringing in the hay with a thunderstorm in the background. It's done in oil and signed in the bottom left corner A F Bellows. I would like to know if there is any archive history on when this painting was completed. It has passed down in our family and I believe is was aquired in or around Chicago. Can I also have an appraisal for insurance purposes please. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

***** *****ows (1829 to 1883) was a New York, Massachussetts and Belgian painter know for bucolic landscapes.

This piece was made around 1870 based on frame, glass and the period of when this artist was most productive.

The painting has an insurance/replacement value of $4000USD or 5251CAD.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.