Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA

I have a large painting of an Indian and its sighed by

Customer Question

I have a large painting of an Indian and its sighed by artist name Braun but I can't seem to find out who this artist is the painting is very good
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question and the image you sent, my name is Timothy.

There are a number of listed artists with the name of Braun. Please be patient while I do some research.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you recurve the picture of the painting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Yes I have the image you sent. Is it on canvas or some other surface? Also what is the size?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is canvas . 2 ft wide 30 in long
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's without frame

Thank you, ***** ***** see what we can discover.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still looking?

The artist is Jorge Braun Andres TARALLO (1951) Jorge Andres Tarallo Braun Uruguayan Artist: b. 1951. Jorge Andres Tarallo Braun was born in 1951 in Montevideo, Uruguay where he studied at the National Arts School under the direction of the well-known artists Riveiro and Garino. In 1972, he came to the US to begin his career as a painter. A growing number of collectors have followed his work in gallery exhibitions in Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro, Paris, New York, Chicago and other American cities.Tarallo signs his paintings J.T. Braun, and his adopted name of Braun is generally how he is known.Achieving a particular quality of lighting and shadows is a special concentration of Braun's. Critics frequently comment on a Rembrandt influence in his landscapes and seascapes, but Braun describes himself as an impressionist painter concerned with realism. (art Brokerage bio)

He signs his paintings Braun. He specializes in Southwestern subjects, such as Native Americans and regional landscapes.

His paintings have sold at auction for $250.00 to $650.00. These are primarily online auctions such as ebay Or you can offer it on Art brokerage

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much

You are welcome. Please take a moment and rate the answer. That will let Just Answer compensate me for my time.

Have a great day.