LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Found this old stuff in a box whats the worth?

Customer Question

Found this old stuff in a box whats the worth ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you tell me more about the items you have and post a few photos if possible. This helps in evaluating for accuracy. Thank you Tanya

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
did you see the pics
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
employee ID
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
worlds fair Key
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1934 worlds fair stuff

Hi Thank you no there was nothing showing here all it said was "Found this old stuff in a box whats the worth ?" Thank you for the photos. Now I can see what you have. Thank you please allow me time to research this and post back here upon completion. These are rare to find and the employee card was of a woman that worked at a food booth. Thank you

Hello, thank you for your patience the key has a value of 30-45.00. These were sold to tourists attending the fair. A good place to sell this is= rubylane.com or etsy.com where collectors look first for the finer pieces to buy. World Fair collectible items are collected from all over the world. There are groups that meet and talk about all things worlds fair. It has a huge following as it was a major event at one time to attend and be a part of.

The employee card is in excellent condition and is from a woman who worked for Czechoslovak Restaurant. The value on the employee card is 75.00 and is in perfect condition for the age.

The Restaurant /Bar is still in business today:

Restaurant/bar with a beer garden that started as a meeting place for Czechs and Slovaks after WWII.

Address: 74 West End Ln, London NW6 2LX, United Kingdom

Phone: +44 20 7372 1193

Universal exposition

Category---Historical Expo

Name--A Century of Progress Exposition

Motto --Science finds, Industry applies, Man adapts

Area---430 acres

Visitors--48,469,227

Location---Chicago--United States

Venue -Lakefront, Northerly Island

Opening--May 27, 1933

Closure---November 1, 1933

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.