Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My husband's father was a Captain in the SD ghway Patrol. In

Customer Question

My husband's father was a Captain in the SD Highway Patrol. In Dec of 1963 he was required to provide transportation to Lyndon B. Johnson. As an expression of gratitude, Lyn***** ***** gave him a pair of "initial cufflinks", tietac, and tie pin. We also have the newspaper article verifyiing this. What would be the value of these items, please? Marvin > Heim of Williston, ND .
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising antiques and jewelry for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry. I am very inexperienced with computers. I don't have a printer, and don't know how to post a photo. My husband has a coworker that would know how to do this, but I don't know how long that would take. I appreciate your time and trouble. Freda Stubsten=Heim. Williston, ND>
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.

No problem, when you can. I have to are these.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is not worth an additional $34== I will not pay it .k I will not use this site again.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Very disappointed with response I received. Have always watched the show, but will not in the future . Seems to be just another "money maker" for you, and ripping off the consumer.
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.

All I have done is ask for more information. I am an appraiser and can't guess what things are. You have paid a deposit and only pay after you get an answer. I'm sorry you are disappointed, but did you ever see anything appraised on the show without the appraiser seeing it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK. I am okay with that. I thought I had to pay $34 for just what you had said so far. Thank you for clearing that up for me. My apologies.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Hi Marvin,

I can help you with your monogrammed gentlemen's cufflinks, tie tac and tip pin. To start, are the initials, or monogram Lyn***** *****'s or your husband's father's? Is this a matching set, as in they have the same design and are they marked by a maker or have a precious metal stamp like sterling, 925 for silver or 14k for gold?

This information will help with establishing value and I look forward to reading back from you at your convenience.

~Nora