Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

What is a ship model of the H.M.S. Bounty worth?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,

Thank you for coming to Just Answer. I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
Who made it and what size is it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was made by my step father, length overall is 37", height overall 29".

Hello

He made it from a kit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
many years ago. He built it with all intentions to meet museum specifications. It is mounted on marble base, enclosed in plexi glass case
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there Glenda?

Hello

Yes, I am here. Do you know what kind of wood he made it from? Is it possible to send me a picture of this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is made of hardwoods. Can I email you a picture? What is your address?

Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, thank you for your help

Hello

You are very welcome, I will let you know when they forward them to me.

Glenda

Hello

I received the picture. Is this a picture of the ship? Do you have the actual ship?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm waiting for your appraisal on the model ship
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you have a dollar amt ?

.
I had answered this, I am not sure why that answer is not here or where it went when I answered it.

.

The Value of the Ship Model has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this, thank you for taking time to rate this.If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.