Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I would like to know the value of a set of 12 Antique

Customer Question

I would like to know the value of a set of 12 Antique Limoges dinner plates. On the back is a seal and Wm Guerin & Co for Ovington Bros Co. (mark 3)
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Dianne,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Guerin (for Ovington) Limoges plates.

Could you very kindly attach a photo back and front and a close-up of the decoration. The value of a set like this depends so much on the artistic merit and detail of the decoration.

Many thanks,

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. Thanks R.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have sent photos of the front and back. Did you receive them? Will now take close up photo and send.

Thanks, ***** ***** you sent them by email, that's fine, it just takes a bit longer to get to me because it has to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy.

The only address that gets to me is:

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see it this end.

Alternatively, you can get the photos to me right away (if you have them in your computer) by clicking on the paperclip (as per instructions above).

Many thanks,