Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a doll marked Made in Germany Herm Steiner 4 / 0 on

Customer Question

I have a doll marked Made in Germany Herm Steiner 4 / 0 on back of head.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Doll has head of bisque & body/ arms/ straight legs appear to be paper mache' , not really sure. Arms and legs appear to be attached with small type rope. Arms still attached loose. Legs and head are not attached to the body. Original dress and light brown wig. However, the eyes are missing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Doll has no shoes, so the straight legs are not painted with shoes or stockings. There is a hooked wire through top of the head, with string still attached that I am assuming was to attach the head to the body.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.

I will be glad to help you today.
.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
Can you send a picture of this doll?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Glenda: how do I send the photos to you? I will try again to insert pictures again to send to you. Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Doll has not cracks or damage, but the dress and wig are looking pretty frazzled!
Thanks

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Glenda: let me know if you got the pics I sent of the doll please.
thanks

Hello

I will let you know when they forward to me.

Glenda