Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985

I have a grand father clock that looks like mahogany it says

Customer Question

I have a grand father clock that looks like mahogany it says ***** ***** Gateshead on the face. It is Roman numeral with minutes 5-60 around the outside or Roman numerals. In the center of the face it has a circle that has numbers 10-60. I can send a picture, someone wrot in pencil 1770. I was told that it came from England? Can you help
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising clocks for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. You are correct as to the date. This is an English 8 day tall clock George III period late 1770-1790. This would sell for $1500-2000 at auction and insurance value is $4000.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.