Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I have a few pieces of Boehm porcelain from my parents

Customer Question

Hello. I have a few pieces of Boehm porcelain from my parents estate. Interested in the value of the Queen Elizabeth Rose , limited issue, marked #48, 1985. I also have 2 birds...not certain of the names. One is a tufted bird spying on a beetle ...the other is also tufted perched on a branch with very delicate blue berry vine growing up it . Can you provide any information? Thanks. *****: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no ...they are in perfect condition, but no boxes.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is just way too complicated. The piece is numbered, (48) dated 1985, with another number which I assume is the design10366 and identified as limited issue , made in England. 8.5 " tall x 8 " in base. Two full bloom pink roses w another bud at the top; leaves all surrounding twig which is base. As an expert , that should certainly be enough to identify the piece and give me an idea of its value. I am not technically skilled enough to send a pic through all those many steps. I can send it via simple email or text message. Let me know if you want it sent that way.

Regina. I can certainly give you the value of the rose but without photos of the birds, I cannot assess them accurately. There is a very wide difference in values for Boehm birds,

Is it enough for me to assess the rose and not the birds?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let's skip the birds at this point bc I'll never be able to send a pic thru your system. What do you think about the Queen ***** *****mited edition rose?

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer

techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

See the following image.

Is this your piece?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No... That's not it. I just followed your instructions and hope the 3 pics get thru to you. Let me know if you don't see them in 24 hours . Thanks.

You are most welcome.

Kind regards,

I my received your photos.

My research indicates that your pieces Boehm pieces have the following estimated retail value assuming good condition and depending on sale location:

Queen Elizabeth Roses - $525-575.

Chestnut (beaked or backed) Chickadee - $450-550. (Blueberry Vine)

Bridled Tit - $450-550.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites. - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Or your nearest where you can list items for free.

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

Please note that the auction values are about 30% of retail on these.

In general, a private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,