rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Please identify who these artist is, I can't make out

Customer Question

Please identify who these artist is, I can't make out signature well:
Pundy
Harndln
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the two (same photo) photos of the last name signature that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the whole signature, painting, and the back of the framing. Seeing the back helps me confirm age of frame and canvas if it is visible.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you please see new photos

The symphony painting is an original painted by William Harnden (1920-1983). He is a listed (known) artist that worked and lived in Ohio and later New York. The signatures and style are a match. The pieces that he did of the symphony were usually oil on masonite (board). Based on recent sales of his work, this painting has a current value of $600 to $800 retail.

The other piece looks to be a painting by Charles Leo Lundy (1855 to 1925), a California and Ohio artist. Less is known about this artist as he was a retired lawyer and did not start painting a lot until he retired. This piece would date to about 1910 to 1920 and would be a harbor in California.

This painting has a current value of $400 to $600.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.