rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

A dark sideboard (I think) very ornate. I would just like to

Customer Question

A dark wood sideboard (I think) very ornate. I would just like to get some idea of what it is and what year it may have been made.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It has barley..the twisted wood? Belonged to my husbands great grandmother.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It has a long drawer at the bottom and two doors that open to one large open area. Carved wood detail and the doors and drawer lock.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a picture but I'm not sure how or if it can be uploaded.
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have added a picture. Had some trouble the last time I tried. The drawer has dovetail joints.
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

Thank you so much for the photo.

This is a Jacobean style sideboard, American made, that dates to the 1930's.

This style of furniture made a resurgence in the 1930's and was made by most American furniture companies.

The inspiration for the designs are from the English mid 1600's, called Jacobean, and includes heavy woods, barley twist elements and

light incised carved panels.

This sideboard has a current value of $300 to $400 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.