Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

What would a a copper silhouette set in a walnut frame from

Customer Question

What would a a copper silhouette set in a walnut frame from the 1800's, given to a family member by Eleanor Roosevelt, along with a letter from Mrs. Roosevelt be worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 4 months ago.

Hello Gayle,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please add an image of the letter.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not able to provide it at this time

Do you want to wait until you can post the picture?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Okay, that's fine. Please take all the time you need, and come back to this page when you're ready.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It comes with a newspaper article about the Breck family, from the Breck haircare, and mentions the silhouette being given to them from Eleanor Roosevelt. I can not take an adequate picture of the newspaper article so I guess it will have to be appraised as is. Thank you.

If you're sure that's what you want to do.

The value here is not in the copper silhouette, but in Mrs. Roosevelt's signature.

If the letter is handwritten and signed by Mrs. Roosevelt herself (not her secretary) and if the silhouette and the letter and the envelope are in excellent condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of the package (including the copper silhouette) is approximately $1,200.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Gayle.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Hi Gayle,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.