rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a large oil painting in a wooden frame of a river

Customer Question

I have a large oil painting in a wooden frame of a river running between a forest with a snowly mountain in the back some clouds and a little shack/cottage on the right with it signed
-ANDERSON- all capitols the A is curved at the top and the E is also curved kind of like a C with an extra line to make it an E. I have been searching online through thousands and thousands of simular paintings and i have not come accross a signature matching this one at all
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have attached a photo of the whole painting and one of the signature close up

This is an older painting by American artist ***** *****. He signs his work T. Anderson now, but his older pieces are signed with just his last name.

He is not a listed artist, but does paint full time. This piece would be from the 80's to 90's based on the signature and framing style.

This painting has a current value of $400 to $600.00 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do you mean by not a listed artist?

He is not listed in any of the databases of collected and well-known artists.

While he is a professional artist by trade, his work is not internationally known or nationally collected.

He is not represented by any of the big galleries and his work doesn't come up for auction at any of the big auction houses as another factor.

This doesn't mean that won't happen in the future, but that is what the term "listed artist" means.

Please do click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.