Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Please tell me the value of China, FOREST Bavarian Germany,

Customer Question

Please tell me the value of China , FOREST Bavarian Germany
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Hi and thank you. I have 2 Boxes of China stamped FOREST Bavarian Germany under a Crow. . My question is if there is any Value . P;lease amnswer to***@******.*** Thank you *****
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Yers I have. My sister went back to Canada because of health breason and is selling all her values. Will came back to you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I need to know the following to give you the most accurate answer.

How many people does your set serve?

How many pieces does each person have?

What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.

Kind regards,

Doris

Knowing that you do not have the set with you, I am going to give you piece by piece value for your set of Forest, Bavaria.

Print out the list so that when you know the pieces you have, you will be able to determine the value of your set.

Prices are per piece in USA dollars:

Dinner plate - 12

Salad plate - 8

Bread & butter - 7

Cup & saucer - 8

Fruit/dessert bowl - 8

Coupe soup - 8

9" Round vegetable bowl - 44

13" Platter - 28

15" Platter - 42

Covered vegetable - 95

Creamer - 7

Sugar - 12

Gravy - 30

As for where to sell.....If you want to sell quickly at wholesale prices, try one of these sites.
I do not know where you live so I will make suggestions for three countries.

In US:
ChinaLane.com
ChinaFinders.com
ChinaReplacements.com

In UK:
ChinaSearch.co.uk
MatchingChina.co.uk
ChinaMatchers.co.uk
ReplaceYourPlates.co.uk

Australia: http://www.allthegalleries.com/dealers/porcelain.html

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com
Bonanza.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free.

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com

In general, a private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris