Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have 2 old table/serving spoons and have been trying to

Customer Question

Hi, I have 2 old table/serving spoons and have been trying to identify makers. I think one may be John Round & Sons - it has MATADOR SILVER JR & S (first 2 words in 0val shapes and letters in individual but joined shapes) The second spoon has 3 symbols then N.M.40 with 'Comfort' stamped up near the top of the handle. I wonder if you may be able to help identify them please?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The first one looks older, is very plain whereas the 2nd one is heavily 'embossed' or engraved with scrolls and leaves - different looking silver.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the items and any marks, labels or writing.