rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I think I have a large Majolica Monkey Umbrella Stand. I

Customer Question

I think I have a large Majolica Monkey Umbrella Stand. I can't find any markings on the base. How can I tell if it is real or not?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

This one is a reproduction piece from the 1980- 1990's when majolica was most popular.

It was likely made in Asia and imported to the US during that time. The 'real' ones made in the late

1800 to early 1900's by English potters have more definition and the details are more intricate. I have added a picture

of an old one so that you can see the difference.

Your piece has a value of $200 to $300 since it is still considered a vintage piece at this point and is a quality reproduction.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.