LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have 3 very nicely framed picture frames with 8-10

Customer Question

I have 3 very nicely framed picture frames with 8-10 Victorian Calling Cards in each of them.
What do you think would be a fair expectation / charge for them.?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Victorian calling cards were either simple cards or could be elaborate and detailed. They were very important and the first calling visit would last only 15 minutes. The link below gives a brief history and etiquette to using them.

http://www.victoriana.com/Etiquette/victorianetiquette.html

With each of the three frames you have 8-10 cards in each. The realistic/fair value on a frame of these cards would be 65.00-75.00 per frame It depends on the card and how detailed they are, what they say and the art on them. Good sites to sell these would be rubylane.com or etsy.com as both sites cater to finer items that are hard to find and many collect the Victorian items for decoration.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

Hello wanted to check in and see if I may help you further? If I have helped you fully please rate the answer so this thread may close and I am paid for my work Thank you and have a great weekend.