Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a box of my mother's postcards that she collected

Customer Question

I have a box of my mother's postcards that she collected from relatives as a child. She was born in 1938. She had rheumatic fever as a child and couldn't he out much, so relatives sent her cards from their travels and others gave her postcards they had received for her collection. They are very interesting , but will sit in a closet from now on. How do I sell them and how do I determine their value? Thanks for your time and comments.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I see you have many. Can you post a photo of the postcards just a few one or two, I can look over the cards and tell you the value on them and where to go from here. There are books you get to go through each card for values. Once I can get a general idea I can help you better. Values depend on the subject of the post card. Holidays, some animals historical monuments have higher values then common post cards so its hard to say what you have in value until we can see the type of cards you have. There is value on old post cards. Look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks! Will get some photos to you tomorrow when I return home!

Hi Thank you so much that will help me help you headed in the right direction. Postcards are fun and some can be very collectible and valuable others are just neat to enjoy and have little value. All in all I can help you got through them and see what you have.