Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have some of my grandmothers furniture from the twenties.

Customer Question

I have some of my grandmothers furniture from the twenties. Avery heavy 4 poster bed. I think its solid maple. The wood is beautiful! Also a very heavy couch that makes into a full bed folding out backwards from what we do today and a big matching chair. The feet have a sort of scroll pattern and the piece of wood on the arms is similar. The upholstery is not original but looks beautiful. Unfortunately, her terrier chewed on one foot & one arm of the couch. Is there any value to any of these pieces? My Mother is 101 years old and this was her Mothers funiture.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will have to go to the storage to take pictures. I will also pull the couch into a bed. It's very heavy so I'll need help. Are there any other pitcular's that will help you?
I want to be as detailed as possible. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You can also reach me @: H.(###) ###-####
Please fell free to call me

I am so sorry that you have to do all of that work, but I really need to see the furniture.

There might be some writing or tags on the framing of the portion that turns into a bed.

On the four poster bed headboard, look on the back of the headboard for any marks, chalk writing or labels.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't afford another $34 on top of $59

It does not cost anything to add photos.

I am not sending the offers you are seeing and I do not participate in the live phone call service.