rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a JBC £ SL stamped (inside crescent) EPNS Made in

Customer Question

I have a JBC £ SL stamped (inside crescent) EPNS Made in England bowl...
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a couple of pictures...other than that I know very little about the piece. Found in a box that was given to be me by my great grandmother several years ago...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have added them twice. Is there another way to add pictures?

This is an English silver plated (not sterling) swing handled basket made by JB Chatterly and Sons, Ltd of Birmingham, England in 1920 to 1930.

EPNS means Electro Plated Nickel Silver, a base metal that is coated with a thin plating of silver.

This piece has a current value of $30 to $40.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.