rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Rosa Bonheur ghland-Raid that has been in my family

Customer Question

I have a Rosa Bonheur Highland-Raid that has been in my family for over 55 years ... did they make prints or duplication back then? It as well is in the original frame.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

This is a print (yes, they made them back then) that was made circa 1900-1910 of an oil painting titled Highland Raid by Rosa Bonheur, originally painted in 1860. The original is 51" x 84" and hangs at The National Museum of Women in the Arts. This print and early 20th century frame have a current value of $200 to $300.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.