Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

We have old wicker furniture at our Masonic Center that we

Customer Question

We have old wicker furniture at our Masonic Center that we need to sale as we are selling our building. It is from the 1920- to 40s. We know it's old but have know idea of value. Can you help
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Great House Antiques replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!

The three chairs shown in the image are classic in their style and construction. They would indeed appear to date to the period mentioned and look to be in very good/ excellent, well-preserved condition - the key characteristic, in this instance, to relative value. As such/ as seen, and assuming the chairs are in the condition they appear to be in all around, each would have an estimated fair market value in the range of $125-$175 (FYI, full retail in a nice shop might be more in the $200-$250 range each.)

That said, were you so inclined, updating the fabric would do much to bump up the asking price on these. Although the integrity of the chairs is squarely in their age, style, and, again, their condition, the current fabric dampens their otherwisel great curb appeal. With new on-trend fabric, the asking price for these at fair market could be seen more at the upper end of the range above and maybe even a little more ($200-$250 each). Full retail would then be more like $300-$350.

Again, a nice trio of vintage wicker chairs in what appear to be very good condition which, with a bit of effort, could recognize even more of their potential.

The best of luck with them and thank you for writing in!

(Hoping it has provided assistance - if you require no further help - please rate my answer. This is an important step in that it is your way of letting me know you have been well-served [by my answer only]. Please note, though, that it does not/ cannot address any other aspects of your experience with JA; unfortunately, these are not in my control. Rating is also the way in which JA is prompted to extend credit for my service. So, your best rating is most appreciated! *Please let me know if I may be of further assistance* : )

Thank you, again.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You didn't say any thing about the other items in oother picture
A sofa stile seat and table

Hi there -

Not sure why, but only one image is posted with your original question (the one with the three chairs). Please post the other again for me so that I may further assist you.

Thank you.