rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a number of Baccarat stemware with gold trim by

Customer Question

I have a number of Baccarat stemware with gold trim by Pickard purchased in Paris in the year (approximately) 1910 (family collection). I want to pack them securely for storage. Can you suggest the type of packaging I should look for?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

The best way to package stemware is to use 1/2" large bubble wrap (not the tiny stuff). This is available at the UPS Store or on Ebay or even Walmart in large rolls and small rolls. You cut a piece to 3" longer on each end of each glass, roll the glass three to four times and use packing tape to go around each glass. Then, you can put some packing peanuts in the bottom of a box as a bed, lay each wrapped glass, add a layer of peanuts, then add another layer of glasses.

I use these folks to buy the bubble wrap from because it is the most economical. It comes via Priority Mail in four rolls. This same company has the wrap in smaller quantities as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Bubble-Roll-1-2-x-250-ft-x-24-Inch-Bubble-Large-Bubbles-Perforated-Wrap-/290290029557?

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.