rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thanks to my question on the de sevres. I have one more item

Customer Question

Thanks for answer to my question on the de sevres. I have one more item that would like some more information as far as the value. It is a small oriental bowl that has a brass bird on top, it does have a marking at the bottom of the bowl. It is very old but would like more information as far as the value. Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

This is a circa 1880 to 1910 Japanese Satsuma moriage teacup with make-do handle.

"Make-do" is an antique term that means the real handle was broken at one time and someone had this handle fashioned of brass to make the cup usable again.

"Moriage" is the term that refers to the application of glaze in a thick technique that has an end result that looks a bit like cake icing.

This cup has a current value of $25.00 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.