Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985

I'm trying to find information about a midcentury chest of

Customer Question

I'm trying to find information about a midcentury chest of drawers (crawford - jamestown of new york)
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: 5 drawers with a honey finish. Maybe maple? Round recessed pulls with a small knob extended outward from the recessed area. Peg legs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Hmm...the manfufacturer's embossed nameplate is mounted in the top drawer. That's the only information I have.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
Click the paperclip icon
Click the Browse icon
Click the Browse button
Select your file and click Open
Click OK
Click Insert
Click Save Changes on this page

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The photos aren't great. I didn't take a full length. But will send what I have.
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Working on it...having trouble with my phone.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Two pics.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I lost the full length picture.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How long does information generally take? A neighbor is selling this at a tag sale.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

This is maple. Crawford was in business fro 1883 to 2012. Crawford was one of several high end furniture companies in Jamestown, NY including Herman Miller. Your dresser would sell for $500-700 at auction and insuranc value is $1000.

Thank you

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.