LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

Are Lida Giambastiani's (1911 - 1973) paintings valuable?

Customer Question

Are Lida Giambastiani's (1911 - 1973)
paintings valuable?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you.

The painting you ave is framed nicely and has a value of 175-225.00 in todays market.

Lida Giambastiani

Born in Colma, CA on July 1, 1911. Lida Casentini studied locally with Maria von Ridelstein and Alexander Nepote. Most of her life was spent in her native city and Sacramento; she died in the latter on Feb. 22, 1973. During her early career she painted representational still lifes in oil and watercolor; her style later shifted to Abstract Expressionism. Exh: Bower Gallery (Santa Ana); Crocker Art Gallery (Sacramento); Haggin Museum (Stockton); CPLH, 1945; Society for Sanity in Art, 1940s; Smithsonian Inst., 1956; San Francisco Art Association, 1955-58; SF Women Artists, 1957; Kingsley Art Club, 1957 (1st prize); Calif. State Fair, 1957 (prize); Sonora annual, 1959 (best of show).

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.