Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an oak table and 5 matching chairs and the table

Customer Question

I have an oak table and 5 matching chairs and the table bears an underside label reading Scottish Co-Operative Wholesale Society LTD Cabinet Factory Shieldhall. The table can be closed to 36 inches square and may be opened and expanded to 36x60 inches. The expansion is through two rocker arms which allow the overlaid center of the table to drop down into a tight fitting jointed top. The table is in beautiful condition. The chairs are in good condition and match the table but no marking to indicate if they are from Scotland. Value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please describe the chairs.

Kind regards,

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.