rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I am looking appraisal on several items from France which

Customer Question

I am looking for an appraisal on several items from France which bear a dinstitive mark at the bottom of each piece.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the bottom that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the items.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here they are. All these items bear the same mark.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here are the items. They all bear the same mark at the bottom
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not cleaned them so I apologize for anything that looks dirty. They belonged to my great grandmother who lived in France in the 1970's. They were gifted to her by her late husband. Before passing, she told me that mark was renowned and these items were worth a lot. Looking for your expertise. Thank you. Patrick
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Once cleaned, they are in pristine condition, as they were exhibited under glass.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My late grandfather built Cannes Marina in the South of France in the late 70's and was worth about $300 million at the time. My thoughts is that he bought my grandmother the very finest. I just want to have an idea of these items' value. Thank you!

This is a set of Meissen German (not French at all as it turns out!) porcelain made in the 30's through the 1950's based on this crossed swords mark on the bottom.

This type of porcelain is called the Leutertitz pattern because it was first designed in 1855 by Ernest August Leutertitz and features a cobalt glaze with gold highlights.

The set has a current value of $2000.00 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I do not participate in the live phone call service.
I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know. If we are done, please do click the stars for me, thanks!