LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a three piece coffee table and end tables. My

Customer Question

Hello. I have a three piece coffee table and end tables. My husbands father brought back from the philipeans. They are hand carved very ornate teak wood. Lots of details of carvings. I cant find anthing like them and was wondering if you would have an idea of maybe I could try to sell them for. I have all angle pictures if I knew how to send them I would. thanks. Leslie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. These are hand carved tables from the Philippines they do look to be teak wood and they were done in 1940-1950s. When they were sold each table had a glass top to protect the carvings from dust dirt, dust and give it a flat surface. These were brought back by tourists and service men during the 1950s and early 1960s. The three piece set look to be in excellent condition other then missing the glass panels. The carvings are intricate and detailed very nice pieces. The end tables run 85-110.00 each and the coffee table runs 150-175.00 as is. Replacing the glass before selling would not give you much more in value so if you choose to sell these I would say to sell as is.

the best places to sell these if you plan to sell online would be etsy.com rubylane.com or goantiques.com three sites that offer a wider audience and cater more to the vintage and antique side of items.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site.

Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

Hi I wanted to check in and see if I may be of further service. Please let me know if I have helped you completed please rate the answer so I may be paid for my work. thank you Tanya

Thank you :