Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Trying to find an appraiser of antique scrimshaw in my area.

Customer Question

trying to find an appraiser of antique scrimshaw in my area. Matching pair of sperm whale teeth from the 1870's with extraordinary engravings on them which were done by my grandmother's grandfather, a whaler in New Bedford. Please advise.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. They appear to be roughly 2" wide and how tall are these? Are there any markings or signatures on these? This all will help in giving you an accurate value. The carvings are done nicely and they do have age on them as evident in the carving and the size. Are they splitting or cracking anywhere? From the photos I see none on the front. I look forward to helping you.