rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 6-piece dark mahogany bedroom set. It a

Customer Question

I have a 6-piece dark mahogany bedroom set. It a reproduction of early American. A four-poster bed, 2 night tables, lady's low dresser, mirror and high-boy.
My parents bought it in 1949. It is in excellent, if not almost perfect, condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

I am wondering if there might be a label or tag one of the top drawers of one of the dressers or a maker label or stencil on the back of one of the pieces.

Take a look and let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
These are the only labels I could find. I didn't pull out all the drawers, but these are from the night tables.

Perfect! That is exactly what I wanted to see. Mahogany furniture dating from 1936 to the mid-1950’s often carries a Mahogany Association label. The Association issued two types of labels: a Blue Label indicated a veneer of genuine mahogany; a Red border Label that guaranteed the piece was made of solid genuine mahogany. Both the blue and red label included a number for a specific furniture manufacturer, this one being 225, which was the manufacturer Georgetown Gallery, a maker in Maryland that sold to retailers.

This set from 1949 is solid mahogany and the set has a current value of $2000 to $3000 depending on scratches, water stains, etcetera.

Some sites that I recommend are Varagesale.com, Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I do not participate in the live phone call service.
I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know. If we are done, please click the stars for me.