Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a very large soup tureen with lid and underplate. The

Customer Question

I have a very large white soup tureen with lid and underplate. The mark is a joined VP in green. The tureen itself is oval with cup handle ends in the shape of a swan where it joins the tureen main body. The decoration is in green with roses and daisy like flowers, no insects.
There are brown painted medallions on either side that depict what appear to be Grecian style paintings. There is a lyre player and what looks like an actor holding a head. (all very strange)
The plate is the same colouring with the medallions at each end depicting a wine drinker and a thinker .
The lid has green flowers and the top knob appears to be an acanthus flower. There are no medallions on it.
The oval underplate measures 50cms by 30cms. The oval tureen measures 54cms across the handles, the bowl 37cms by 27cms by 15cms deep and sits on a pedestal of 24cms by 12cms by 7cm high.
What have I got?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark on the bottom.