Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Will my appraiser be looking at photos I upload?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations. I will not send a message to you asking for a phone call. If you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me. It is an automated message from elsewhere.
.
.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.

What is it you are wanting to know?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sent two photos of a silk. Did you see them?

Hello

No just the one that shows some Japanese writing. That is all that is here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I added the second one again. Are you able to appraise them or tell me anything about them?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's just one silk.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm assuming this isn't legit and am rejecting the initial credit card charge of $5.00.

Hello

This is legit. I lost my internet yesterday after speaking with you, I am sorry I could not get back to you sooner. I can value this for you, date this for you but, I cannot tell you who created this. I will need to know what size this is.

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is approximately 6.5' x 4'.

Hi Sandy

Thank you

.
The 6.5' x 4' Silk Art Work, circa: 1920-30's, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this, thank you for taking time to rate this.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your time and help. Do you have any idea what the writing says at the top? Also, does the red writing mean anything? Is that a signature?

Good Morning

No I am sorry I do not speak, the language. There is no one here that does. The Red is normally the mark/stamp of the artist. There are no data bases or books that list all the Asian Artist that signed their work. We see this type painting a lot. It is not uncommon for no one to be able to read the writing or the artist mark. I am sorry we cannot read this for you.

.

You have a wonderful piece. One of the better ones I have seen in a long time, it is well taken care of.

.

If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this, thank you for taking time to rate this. This is the only way I am credited for you my work, thus compensated from the site.

Glenda