Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.

I have 6 DEDHAM crackle 10' plates in perfect mint

Customer Question

I have 6 DEDHAM crackle 10' plates in perfect mint condition. They are from before 1930.
4 ducks, 1 turkey, and 1 flower of some form maybe azela. Located in Norwalk Ct.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Yolanda,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Dedham pottery.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of the group and also one of the backstamp. I can work blind if necessary but can give you a more accurate appraisal if I can see them.

Many thanks,

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. Thanks R.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent 12 photos with my question in the very beginning. Please advise. I also contacted my bank. Your charge has gone thru.
Thank you.

By all means email your photos to me, however the only address that gets to me is:

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent so all emails have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see them this end.

Meanwhile, you will not be charged anything unless or until you accept my answer, except for the good faith deposit you made (which is also refundable on request).

Hope this makes sense,
Best wishes,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent them to you this morning. Did you receive them?

Thanks for sending the photos. No sign of them this end yet. I'll let you know as soon as they get here.

Alternatively, if you prefer, you can get them to me instantly by uploading them to a free public picture hosting site, and then giving me the link to where you put them.

The one I find easiest to use is

Just three clicks and a copy and paste and you are done:
Go to
(no need to 'log in' or 'register' it makes it too complicated)
Click on "Upload Images"
Click on "Browse Your Computer"
Select the pictures you want to send me from the box that pops up.
Hit "open".
Click on "Start Upload" (and wait few seconds pictures to load)
And then copy the link they give you. It will look similar to this

and it's located on the right hand side of the page under where it says "Share Link"
and paste it here where you are typing to me.
(If you have uploaded multiple photos on one link, copy the URL in the browser bar at the top of your screen, otherwise I get just one photo).

Hi Yolanda,

Your photos have just been sent on to me and I can now see exactly what you have.

This is a beautiful set of old Dedham pottery plates dating to the Hugh Robertson era, circa 1896 - 1928, when the mark was a square blue stamp with DEDHAM POTTERY above a rabbit, sometimes accompanied with a foreshortened rabbit stamp impressed into the clay (no ink).

This older Dedham production is becoming more and more hard to find and prices for it continue to be as good as ever.

Here are the value ranges of each if you were to sell at a good antique auction or on line (eBay etc):

1 Magnolia pattern dinner plate.........120 - 180

1 Turkey pattern dinner plate............250 - 375

4 duck pattern dinner plates...........640 - 960 (for all)

Total................................circa $1000 - $1500.

Therefore your set has a full retail value (if you saw it for sale in an antique store) of $3000. This is also the replacement value for insurance purposes.

I do hope this helps!

Please let me know if you'd like me to explain or expand on any of the above, I would be glad to.

Best wishes,

Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Yolanda,

If you're happy with my appraisal, please go ahead and click on the stars to rate my answer, when you get a moment, as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer (at no extra cost to you).

Many thanks. Robert