Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have Chinese ink drawings that I bought in PA 15 years

Customer Question

I have Chinese ink drawings that I bought in PA 15 years ago. I was told the artist had an exhibit at the art museum i Philly. I don't remember the artists name. The writing on the drawings is in Chinese so I cannot read them. Is there any way to find out who the artist is.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations. I will not send a message to you asking for a phone call. If you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me. It is an automated message from elsewhere.
You would need to take this to an appraiser who reads Chinese. There were many Chinese Artist who painted like this. I can try to help you find an appraiser in your area if you like?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, thank you. I will not be charged for this answer, right?

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hey Glenda,Thanks for responding. The Customer Assistance Group advised me that I could ask you to release the question. Perhaps there is another expert with more experience in Asian Art. This is all part of the process of my not being charged for an answer that I didn't find satisfactory.Thank you.

Yea, no problem. Just to let you know there is no one here that can read Asian Art. We do not have a an appraiser who can read Chinese or Japanese, or any Asian Language, I personally know everyone that works. But, I will be happy to opt out of this and it will be on the board.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks! If that is the case, I picked the wrong forum with Just Ask.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your honesty!