Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an antique what i think is a candy dish,it has four

Customer Question

i have an antique what i think is a candy dish,it has four legs that look like either a joker or the has kitestamps on each leg and a smoked glass insert.the stamps have an I on the top,G underneath,B Rd 19 and a5 on the bottom.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your interesting dish.

Thanks for the excellent description of the kite mark. It indicates the piece is British and the design for it was registered on 19th October 1863, so it's quite an age.

If you can get a photo to me, I'll be able to tell you more about it and give you a value.

Many thanks and wait to hear,

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. Thanks R.