rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an original watercolor from estate of my mom. Cannot

Customer Question

I have an original watercolor from estate of my mom. Cannot determine signature bit have photos.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
and any labels on the back of the framing. There was only a pic of the signature in your original inquiry.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've attached two files. There is nothing on the back.

This is an original watercolor of pheasants created in 1981 by an artist that used the cipher CHP. The signature looks to read CHP (copyright symbol) '81.

I have searched the paid artist databases for listed artists using this cipher and there are no results. I also used CHD and a few other possible combinations, also with no result. I also used the image of the painting to do a Google image search to find similar works and also no result.

This painting looks to have been done by a regional artist that was likely from the area where your mother lived.

This painting has a current value of $200 to $300 retail value.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.