Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I would like to determine model, year of manufacture, etc.,

Customer Question

I would like to determine model, year of manufacture, etc., for a phonograph that I think is a circa 1920 Brunswick-Balke-Collender product. I think that because I once saw a photo of a similar model, floor model with center turntable and a cabinet for records on each side. When I acquired it many years ago, it came with a 1923 edition of a Brunswick record catalog and an un-dated & un-copyrighted "Instructions for Playing All Records" with the Ultona The Brunswick. When the removable grill is taken from in front of the speaker horn, there is what appears to be serial number. Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Ron Stuart, Florida
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing (serial numbers).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Because of foul-ups in the Just Answer business office, I just today got access to your July 16 answer. Currently, my phonograph is stored in a non-photographic position, but I have attached a photo of one that looks just like it. The one in the photograph is cleaner and shinier, and mine currently is not in working condition. As for markings, just behind the turntable, there is a Brunswick logo printed in gold; under the turntable on a silver colored circular plate, a model number (104808) is printed; and finally, also under the turntable, a series of patent numbers and the months they were applied for is printed. The patent application dates range from Dec. 17, 2012, to Dec. 12, 2022. Any further information you can provide will be appreciated, I'm particularly interested in whether or not the value will support the cost of making it workable.
Thank you, ***** ***@******.***