Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I've recently inherited a huge collection of Hummel

Customer Question

I've recently inherited a huge collection of Hummel figurines - ranging in all sizes of shapes and years - maybe 120-200 pieces total. The home is in Pittsburgh, PA, and I don't know how to get them appraised or how to value each and every piece to sell them off. I'm looking for advice on what they are worth, and what to do with them.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is Diana.

Honestly there are a few routes you can take.

.

You could take them to someone local or have someone come to you, but, depending on where you take them it can be quite expensive. Most appraisers tend to charge anywhere from $100 to $150 an hour on average and I'm not sure what they would charge for working with as many as you have, but I can find a list of local contacts for you.

.

Another option would be to price them yourself using some of the latest guides and sites. It would be the cheapest route. I can give you a list of those along with some of the best sites and methods for selling them.

.

If you'd be willing to break them up into smaller groups (say 10 or 15 each), I'd be happy to do them for you. They would have to be asked as separate questions (some in this question and some in new questions), but it wouldn't be a problem.

.

~Diana

It would be whatever you feel most comfortable with.

~Diana